cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My blue light is flashing on my ACS 5.4, and I can't get into web GUI

ronjonjonjon1
Level 1
Level 1

Below is what it says about the flashing blue light on the front of my Cisco ACS:

Flashing Blue = When the system ID button is pushed, the Unit Identification LED flashes blue if the system is in either standby mode or system power is on.

1. How can I tell if the unit is in "standby" mode or if this flashing blue is related to a fault? 

2. Could this be a problem related to me not getting into the web GUI?

3. I have tried to physically connect an ethernet cable w/ laptop and still can't access the web GUI (I am using the interface referenced below, and it is green):

1-GB Ethernet dedicated management port used to access CIMC (labeled M)

4. Can I physically press the power button on the device as long as my configs are saved, and not lose my data or corrupt the device?  There was a warning on the Cisco web doc, but maybe it was just referencing if you didn't save configurations?

3 Replies 3

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ACS 5.4 was end of support in 2018.

Please upgrade to ISE. See https://cs.co/ise-eval for how to get a free, 90-day evaluation of ISE and start migrating your policies.

I work in a government environment, it's not that easy to just upgrade to ISE.  This will happen in the future, however, this decision is above my pay grade.

You should connect KVM to the console to check the system status.

Better if you have another box to re-install ACS 5.4 and to restore the backup. Otherwise, you may risk corrupting the system further.

As Thomas already pointed, you need discuss with your team and migrate ACS 5.x to ISE as it's no longer supported.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: