cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Device IP has changed but logs are showing old IP address !!!

Beacon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have moved one switch from one site to another site so changing the site IP address accordingly. 

Old IP: 10.10.100.10

New IP: 10.20.100.20

After changing the IP address to the new IP address, I see in the logs that Device IP is still the same. Hence, the login to the switch is not getting authenticated.

Is this okay for ISE to behave like this?

Is there any time interval that ISE cleared the buffer?

I have deleted the Network Device and added again with the fresh new IP address but still it is picking the old IP address seen in the logs.

what is the solution ?

Note: Policy and Authorization are the same for all the sites. So, no change is required in policy set.

Regards,

B

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

that is bizzard if the IP changed and device sending own IP as new there no reason ISE should be seeing the old IP.

what Version of ISE ? can you post sample logs - is the IP in the log or device name ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

ISE version: 2.7 patch 3.5

Its 4 days old logs. I cannot see now Or Can I ?

Beacon
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen the request coming from the switch but IP was still the old. Though the IP on the switch and in the Network Device was the new IP. 

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Beacon Assuming you've taken a packet capture and confirmed that the network device sending the requests with the old IP address, then please consult with the support team for the network device.