cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Cisco Identity Service Engine

ewood2624
Level 5
Level 5

Does anyone know if the Cisco ISE does TACACS?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Nope. It is pure radius device.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Nope. It is pure radius device.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

Thanks for the answer. 

Anyone know if there are plans to add TACACS?

Hi,

As far as i know. the answer should be "no". But yet, you can ask your accounts manager to enquire about the same.

Regards,

Anisha

- Do rate helpful posts

The ISE integrates with the Cisco Prime NCS correct?  Is this software to replace WCS and ACS eventually?  We just purchased ACS appliances a few months ago and the ISE debuts.  Can the NCS work with our ACS 5.x and have the real time troubleshooting capabilities that the ISE has?

Hi,

You are right the ISE integrates with Cisco Prime NCS.

Not sure if this product is to eventually do away with WCS and ACS.

The data sheet of the NCS states the following: "Cisco Prime NCS is the ideal platform for  converged wired and wireless user and access network management. It is  built on the foundation of Cisco WCS, and also provides comprehensive  lifecycle management of 802.11n and 802.11a/b/g enterprise-class indoor  and outdoor wireless networks. "

so i don't think it is will do away with ACS.

Again as per the data sheet, your NCS can integrate with the ACS.

I am not a design person to be very frank with you. I am a break and fix person. you can try your luck with the products. Best i can do is give you a copy of the Data sheet which you might already have. Also you can try talking to your accounts team so that they can arrange the correct link from Cisco to help you clear your doubts regarding this product.

Here is the link to the data sheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5755/ps11682/ps11686/ps11688/data_sheet_c78-650051.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

dflick
Level 1
Level 1

I have been told by my Account SE and Channel SE that Cisco will add TACACS to version 2 which should be released in 2013.