Views
Helpful
Replies

New Radius with ASA

dominoforever
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I would like to add a new Radius server with a new AAA software version but I have some problems to authenticate.

I added my new radius on my ASA in Remote Access VPN and AAA/Local User -> AAA Server Groups. When I test my account with my token on the button, I have the error : Authentication Rejected: AAA Failure.

On my Radius server I can see that for my user id the tries increase every time I test it. When I launch Cisco Any Connect I have a login failed.

Did I forgot to configure something?

Could you please help me?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Hi,

The RADIUS server would authenticate the requests coming from the AAA clients  that are configured in the RADIUS server. If an authentication request comes from a AAA client that is not configured in the RADIUS server, then the RADIUS server would reject it.

1) Please check whether you  have added the AAA client/NAS IP address (your ASA's IP address) in your RADIUS server and configured the same shared that is configured for the AAA server in your ASA?

Also you can check the logs in the RADIUS server and it should give information regarding the issue. If you take a packet capture and can filter for radius keyword you can get more information regarding the issue.