cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to reset the GUI password of ISE from ISE cmd line

Sree3049
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, i am able to login to the cli cmd line of the ISE and not able to reset the admin GUI password of the ISE from the cmd line using the cmd "application reset-passwd ise admin" i am getting the error as below.

"Error! Specified user does not exists or is not a user with admin privilege."

even after i am using the admin credentials to login to cli.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sree3049
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for looking into this, it was my bad.  "application reset-passwd ise admin" is the command to reset the ISE GUI **bleep**rd, but i had my own admin **bleep**e, so a small change in the above cmd instead of admin, i used the **bleep**e which had admin privilege it worked. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwi48010

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have provided no details about your ISE installation but ISE 3.2 and later installed in cloud environments use iseadmin as the default username.

Sree3049
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for looking into this, it was my bad.  "application reset-passwd ise admin" is the command to reset the ISE GUI **bleep**rd, but i had my own admin **bleep**e, so a small change in the above cmd instead of admin, i used the **bleep**e which had admin privilege it worked. 

dbrittin
Community Manager
Community Manager

The replaced words have been restored in the post.  Sorry - our vendor got a little over zealous assisting us to fight spam.