Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Patching Cisco ISE 2.6

We are planning to install patch 10 on the 2.6 version. We have patch 7 already installed with a couple of hotfixes like Log4j and another bug. My question is, do we need to remove the hotfixes before installing the patch 10 and then again install these hotfixes? or should we straight go for installing the patch 10?

Regards

Shubham 

5 Replies 5

Not even the Log4j one? 

Do we need to remove the older patches?

Thanks and Regards

Shubham

Cisco technically recommds uninstalling any applied hotfixes prior to patching. However many users have reported that it works without the uninstallation, particularly for the log4j hotfix.

In all cases, ISE patches are cumulative. Installing a newer one does not require uninstalling an older one.

By the way, Patch 11 is currently the latest patch for ISE 2.6 and would be recommended over Patch 10.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-6/release_notes/b_ise_26_RN.html#concept_c5h_yw3_ltb

as per i did last patch i re-applied Log4js again - not seen any issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Note Patch 11 explicitly includes the fixes for log4j. So no hotfix for that is required when using 2.6 Patch 11.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: