cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Physical versus Virtual ISE appliances

iagyte
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently I’m working with a customer that is planning to migrate 24 ACS 1121 appliances to ISE that includes basic Radius and Tacacs functionality, this is not a design question but a question that relates to selecting virtual versus physical ISE appliances. The customer has a virtualised first approach when it comes to migrating appliances. The network architect understands the potential concerns when deploying virtual versus physical appliances i.e. that the virtual infrastructure team may not allocate the correct resources such as RAM, CPU etc and can become an operation challenge when supporting and troubleshooting due to finger pointing between network and virtual infrastructure teams, whereas with a physical appliance we can remove the reliance of the virtual infrastructure team allocating the correct resources. I understand that ISE virtual or physical runs the same code, my ask to the ISE community has anyone else experienced or written a justification document highlights that physical appliances removes the risk of the finger pointing when using virtual ISE appliances in production?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please see the document ISE Appliance versus VM Comparison that I just created to help answer this question for you. I hear this regularly from SEs so glad to put the answer out publicly.  8-)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please see the document ISE Appliance versus VM Comparison that I just created to help answer this question for you. I hear this regularly from SEs so glad to put the answer out publicly.  8-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: