Views
Helpful
Replies

Posture "Application" condition...

rezaalikhani
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all;

As you know, when we choose "Application" posture condition, we have two choices: "Check By Application" and "Check By Process". When selecting the first option, choosing the Compliance Module version is not possible. This seems OK for so far...

Now, select the second option (Process), change the Compliance Module from "4.x or later" to "3.x or earlier". Then, you decide to assess the target by the first option (Application). You select your desired option and you see that, the Compliance Module this time is configured to ""3.x or earlier!!

If we can easily change the Compliance Module version using the above method, why does ISE not allow changing the Compliance Module version in the first place?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rezaalikhani
Spotlight
Spotlight

My first consumption was wrong. According to official Cisco document, the "Application" check in "Application" posture condition is compatible with ANY VERSION of Compliance Module and as such, after selecting this check, the "Compliance Module" field becomes unselectable.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

I really think ISE should completely deprecate all support for 3.x or earlier versions.  I have no idea why it's still in the most recent versions of the product when the other pieces of software are LONG EoL.

rezaalikhani
Spotlight
Spotlight

My first consumption was wrong. According to official Cisco document, the "Application" check in "Application" posture condition is compatible with ANY VERSION of Compliance Module and as such, after selecting this check, the "Compliance Module" field becomes unselectable.