cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PXGrid Certificate

Richard Lucht
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create PXGrid certificates with Cisco ISE and I am getting an error.  

Certificate generation failed: Not able to build the ISE CA chain to the root. Chain size: 2: INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

Can someone help me with this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anurag Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Richard Lucht ,

Can you please try to rebuild the internal CA on the ISE and see if this resolves the issue?
Regenerate Internal CA of the ISE: Administration > System > Certificates > Certificate Signing Request > Generate CSR > ISE Root CA

Hope that helps!
Please 'RATE' and 'MARK ACCEPTED', if applicable.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

What version and patch is installed?

Version 2.4.0.357 patch 6

Anurag Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Richard Lucht ,

Can you please try to rebuild the internal CA on the ISE and see if this resolves the issue?
Regenerate Internal CA of the ISE: Administration > System > Certificates > Certificate Signing Request > Generate CSR > ISE Root CA

Hope that helps!
Please 'RATE' and 'MARK ACCEPTED', if applicable.

Might Ncube
Level 1
Level 1

After weeks of struggling with this issue.

I ended up generating a new Root CA and DNAc could join successfully. At some point I blamed a bug. Running ISE 3.1 and DNA Version 2.2.3.6.

I could have broken the certchains on ISE when doing an upgrade and when I recovered admin password.

Checked my radius clients,, they were not affected by regeneration of new Root CA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: