cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PxGRID Services Stuck at initializing

estadlercisco
Level 1
Level 1

The ISE server I'm having issues with is an NFR, I haven't been able to get a TAC case opened. I have two different NFR servers both exhibiting this problem, both on different hardware.

After a web upgrade from ISE 2.0 to 2.1 (I upgraded both nodes, they are not in a distributed deployment) my PxGRID services are stuck in the initializing state. I have tried disabling/enabling them, rebooting the node but i'm not sure what else I can try to do to get them to light up. I also deployed a new OVA and restored the backup to the new node, same problem. 

I'm using PxGRID to send contextual attributes and identity information to my SFR sensor. I saw a bug that matched the behavior but it requires the temporary root patch.

Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes I am using a virtual machine. Single node deployment running everything for a lab. the VM has 4 cores and 16GB of RAM.

It sounds like you are using the 100 endpoint evaluation ova? I had a similar experience where the VM was sluggish. The 100 endpoint OVA limits memory utilization to 4GB, no matter what you set the available ram to. 4GB is not enough to run everything on one node.  Try to remove the resource allocation restrictions in the VM settings and give the VM at least 8-12GB RAM if you have it

Did that make sense?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

I got this problems as well , did you solved that problem?

Yes I did solve it. Two things.

First Install patch 1 to ISE 2.1. See if this resolves it. 

Second if you are using Administrative IP ACCESS restrictions disable them and see if the services start. If the services do start you should be able to re-enable them but add the IP address of the pxgrid node to the list of allowed IP's. 

Let me know if that helps.

I did the patch but nothing seems to work, im using in a virtual machine but as soon as a start pxgrid even the application server gets so slow, im not using ip access restriction as soon as i know, i saw the default value is allow all ips, im trying to use threat centric NAC in a presentation and thats why i need the 2.1.

Do you use in a virtual machine?, i upgraded cpu, memory but nothing seems to work.

Thank you

Yes I am using a virtual machine. Single node deployment running everything for a lab. the VM has 4 cores and 16GB of RAM.

It sounds like you are using the 100 endpoint evaluation ova? I had a similar experience where the VM was sluggish. The 100 endpoint OVA limits memory utilization to 4GB, no matter what you set the available ram to. 4GB is not enough to run everything on one node.  Try to remove the resource allocation restrictions in the VM settings and give the VM at least 8-12GB RAM if you have it

Did that make sense?

Thank you so much, it worked and now everything is really fast, using 4 core, 16Gb in a SSD, im installing all the solutions which include the integration Threat Defense 6.1, Amp for endpoins, ISE 2.1 Threat Centric NAC/Pxgrid/SGT for a presentation together with Cisco, im planning to do some reverse engineering malware to show how amp works and compare my results with the Amp Cloud result for some samples.

If you are interested feel free to contact me maybe we can share some thoughts and i can repay you for your fast answer.

Again, Thank you.

I dont have the option to mark your answer as correct cause you asked in the first place.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: