cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Repository Verification Failed - 3.1 to 3.2 Preparation Upgrade

Lyn17
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to upgrade ISE from 3.1 to 3.2. However, I'm getting "Repository Verification Failed" during the upgrade preparation phase. Currently, I only have local repository which I was able to validate via UI and CLI. Did anyone run to this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was able to validate the repository via CLI and UI. I can see the repository and what's in it when using "show repository <repository_name>. I run the urt bundle using the "application install <urtbundle> <repo_name>" and it was installed successfully. I don't know if it's just a bug. I'm still at the version 3.1, since the staging phase on the GUI is failing with the repository validation and memory. I might have to open a ticket with TAC.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rodrigo Diaz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi @Lyn17 , in which kind of repository are you seeing the error ?  depending upon the way you are upgrading , what you can do is to either attempt to remove the configuration of the repository you got through CLI and attempt to reconfigure it or perhaps using another storage server that is valid to do the upgrade process. the way you can confirm that your repository is fine through CLI is with the command "show repository (repository_name)"

Let me know if that helped you. 

Hi @jrodrig,

I can see the repository when I used the command "show repository (repo_name). I'm also able to validate it through the GUI via Maintenance > Repository > check Repo_Name > Validate and gets the "Server Response: Repository Validated Successfully".

Maybe it's related to this bug?
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwd31524

If that doesn't apply, you will likely need to open a TAC case to investigate.

I'm still in version 3.1. I was using the GUI to do the upgrade and I can't get pass the preparation phase due to repository validation and memory check failing. I might need to open a ticket with TAC to investigate further.

Nancy Saini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Lyn17 , it seems like there is some issue with fetching file from your repository. Do "debug copy 7" and "debug transfer 7" and run following tests on CLI

1. show repository <repository name>
  2. copy <Complete URL of repository with upgrade bundle> disk:

#2 will copy the upgrade file to localdisk of ISE. Share the output of above two commands.

I was able to validate the repository via CLI and UI. I can see the repository and what's in it when using "show repository <repository_name>. I run the urt bundle using the "application install <urtbundle> <repo_name>" and it was installed successfully. I don't know if it's just a bug. I'm still at the version 3.1, since the staging phase on the GUI is failing with the repository validation and memory. I might have to open a ticket with TAC.