Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

restore 2.3 backup into 2.6?

As far as I know this should work, but I'm testing going from 2.3 to 2.6 to make sure everything is compatible. We spun up a VM, and after restoring the backup, I lost the web interface saying connection refused.

Should this have worked. We are testing before rebuilding our main hardware due to a bug in 2.3. TAC said I have to re-image the box instead of updating.

I did not restore adOS as I believe I should not have being a different version.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm wondering if the backup was corrupted because restoring from the new backup from Saturday night worked.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Restoring an ISE 2.3 config backup onto a freshly built ISE 2.6 should present no issues.  I have not done it myself but I am sure others have. Did you ssh into the node to check the "show application status ise" ?  That would indicate that the web server is not ready.

However, if application is running and you are getting a connection refused then there is a slim chance of a cert issue with the browser.  Try incognito mode.  Perhaps some firewall in the way?  you could test with a telnet to the PAN on port 443

I'm retrying now with patch 2 installed, but after a restore on base 2.6, I could get into the cli, but trying to do application status ise would just sit and not complete. I let it sit overnight without it completing.

I'm wondering if the backup was corrupted because restoring from the new backup from Saturday night worked.