Views
Helpful
Replies

RSA SecurID authentication and privilege level

FloatingPoint
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm new working with Cisco ACS, learning by seat of pants; most of the documentation on Cisco's website is fairly cryptic and does not use many pictures. Therefore,I would appreciate some help setting up privileges. We have ACS v5.2 which I have set up using RSA SecurID and appears to be working correctly. However, I'm having problems with the privilege level when I access a router it lands me in user mode. I'm trying to set up a administrator group for the routers and switches to have each member dropped in privilege level 15, exec mode but I'm having difficulty doing this.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to find any real useful information in reference to setting up RSA SecurID. It seems more of the information is geared around radius servers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you much!

1 Reply 1

Eduardo Aliaga
Level 4
Level 4

Hello.

Remember AAA means authentication, authorization and accounting. In your case you authenticate with RSA , but you authorize with ACS policies. For TACACS+ and traditional IOS from routers and switches you can use a ACS policy element called "shell profile" which you can use to specify some attributes like privilege level. Then you can use the "shell profile" to create an authorization policy.

I'm attaching some screenshots. In this example I'm using AD instead of RSA because I don't have a RSA available. Please rate if it helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: