cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Running URT pre-upgrade ISE 2.7 to 3.2

Darkmatter
Level 1
Level 1

I'm wondering if URT can be run well in advance before you do your upgrade, or is it supposed to be part of your upgrade process, where you run URT and directly after if everything is ok, start your actual upgrade?

My plan was do run URT, see what the outcome is and then schedule my change like 1-2 weeks later.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can run it anytime you want without impact, remove it after, and run it again. You don't even have to run it at all to upgrade, technically it's optional, but it's highly recommended that you do to catch any major issues that will cause the upgrade to fail. 

To remove it you will use the cli command "application remove urt". 

I would reccomend you run it again the day before or day of the upgrade as a final check.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can run it anytime you want without impact, remove it after, and run it again. You don't even have to run it at all to upgrade, technically it's optional, but it's highly recommended that you do to catch any major issues that will cause the upgrade to fail. 

To remove it you will use the cli command "application remove urt". 

I would reccomend you run it again the day before or day of the upgrade as a final check.