Helpful
Replies

Scaling in ISE Deployment

srirsamp
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all,

I need a clarification on the following deployment:

Assuming a customer has two ISE 3515 nodes running Administration & Monitoring (Active/Standby). The customer also has 2 PSN nodes (3515).  Does this mean that the scale of the total deployment is 7500 EPs or does it scale based on each PSN node (total size is 15,000).

The sizing guides  mention that the scale is dependent on the Admin and Monitoring nodes.  Therefore, in this case, I would assume the total deployment size is only 7500 – irrespective of how many PSNs are deployed.

I would just like some clarifications please.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is often a confusing design question we get.  Because the Admin / MnT personas run on a single 3515 appliance or VM equivalent, the maximum supported endpoints for the deployment is 7,500 even though they have two PSNs in the deployment as well.  You can add up to 5 PSNs in this deployment but regardless of how many, the deployment will not support more than 7.5K endpoints.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is often a confusing design question we get.  Because the Admin / MnT personas run on a single 3515 appliance or VM equivalent, the maximum supported endpoints for the deployment is 7,500 even though they have two PSNs in the deployment as well.  You can add up to 5 PSNs in this deployment but regardless of how many, the deployment will not support more than 7.5K endpoints.

Regards,

-Tim

Thanks Tim.

So irrespective of how the PSN nodes are housed (3515,3595, vm, etc.), the size of the deployment depends on the appliance/VM containing both the admin/MnT personas.

Regards,

Sri

That's correct.

Regards,

-Tim