Views
Helpful
Replies

Scan of WAP-150 outlines high risk SSL Medium Strength Cipher SWEET32

Phil9
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a WAP-150 access point, when we run a network scan it reports an issue with the SSL Cipher Sweet32 (port 4555). See below. Investigating further we can not find a way to disable this cipher. 

Is it possible to change or disable this in the WAP-150?

Any help welcome... 

Thanks in advance, Phil

SSL Medium Strength Cipher Suites Supported (SWEET32)
Description
The remote host supports the use of SSL ciphers that offer medium strength encryption. Nessus regards medium strength as any encryption that uses key lengths at least 64 bits and less than 112 bits, or else that uses the 3DES encryption suite.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SWEET32 is an old vulnerability that pre-dates the WAP150 and is tracked in this PSIRT.

What you're seeing looks similar to BugID CSCvp26979 which was not resolved due to the End of Life status of the 500 Series. If you are already running the latest firmware for the WAP150 (1.1.3.2) and seeing this vulnerability, I would suggest opening a TAC case to determine if there is a similar bug opened for the WAP150 and/or a workaround/hotfix available.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SWEET32 is an old vulnerability that pre-dates the WAP150 and is tracked in this PSIRT.

What you're seeing looks similar to BugID CSCvp26979 which was not resolved due to the End of Life status of the 500 Series. If you are already running the latest firmware for the WAP150 (1.1.3.2) and seeing this vulnerability, I would suggest opening a TAC case to determine if there is a similar bug opened for the WAP150 and/or a workaround/hotfix available.

Thanks for response.

Yes we are running the latest firmware that is a recent update, which would to me suggest it is still supported. A little frustrating if it is end of life as we have had this less than 1 year.  We will try to figure out how to raise a TAC case..

Thanks,

Phil

To be clear, I did not say the WAP150 was end of life. I said "What you're seeing looks similar to BugID CSCvp26979 which was not resolved due to the End of Life status of the 500 Series."

The WAP150 is still available to purchase, so the End of Life has not yet been announced for that model.

You can open a support case via https://cisco.com/go/tac

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: