cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Self-Registration ISE and when the user reconnects a Welcome Back Page/Message appears

Wellington L
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My customer wants to every time that the user re-connects to the network it receives a webpage with message : "Welcome back Guest" but before that the user needs to self-register and receive a SMS with his credentials.

I said to him that Cisco ISE can cache the mac address information from the user and the user doesn't need to reauthenticate because the Cisco ISE knows who is, but the customer doesn't want this caching, he really wants the welcome message again to be present for the user every time he re-connects to the network.

I was thinking and i can use the hotspot feature to make this page to be showed to the guest user only with Welcome message, but before that i have the self-register page in Cisco ISE that needs to register the user (login page redirect ACL rule in the WLC), after that the user will login to the network and will access the internet (internet ACL rule in the WLC) and Cisco ISE will cache the mac address from the user in some guest endpoint group. In this case i will use two rules, but i will need another one when the user connect again to the network and receives the welcome hotspot page (redirect url to cisco ISE) and after that receive the internet ACL without interfere in the self-registration process.

Thank You.

0 Replies 0