cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up ISE 2.3 on UCS 220 M4 Appliance

DAVID
Level 3
Level 3

When beginning to setup ISE on the UCS 220 appliance is it a good idea to separate the management of ISE to one physical network on the appliance separate from the network card on the same UCS that will serve traffic to and from ISE.  Why or why not?  The UCS comes with 4 1GB ports on a PCI card, a port for the CIMC, and 2 1GB on-board nics.

In short, what is the best-practice of the initial  network setup for ISE on the UCS appliance?

18 Replies 18

Oddly enough I have no discovered a much bigger problem.  To break it  down I have two ISE 2.0.0.306 servers in production. Two ISE 3515 appliances running 2.3 that I will migrate to and two ISE vm's running the same version and patch level as my production.  My first goal is to simply connect my ISE vm to the same repository as my production and to restore both the configuration and operational dbs to my test ISE vm's.  However, the restore process fails because of either a wrong encryption key and or the db is corrupted.  I verified that the key is correct so I decided to create a brand new SFTP repository and from the production ISE server do a backup to the new location and then see if I could get the restore from that new location.  Now I am seeing that the production ISE backup to the new location has been stuck at 20% for the last 30 mins or more.

There is an identified bug on 2.2 that I am not sure it is fixed on 2.3. Basically that bugs causes that the Configuration Backup includes a lot of useless data like logs so the size of that file instead of being around 1 GB or less, it is like 10GB or more. Check from your repository the size of any configuration backup you made before to confirm this bug.
Second, depending on the above, the configuration backup restore takes AT LEAST 1 hour and sometimes 90 minutes. So be patient.

What has me concerned is that with this bug on my current ISE servers have I had a clean backup at all??

Do we know with the bug id is?

2017-11-22_11-12-00.png