Views
Helpful
Replies

SHA-2 PKI Support on Cisco Switches

umahar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am trying to find out the IOS versions which support SHA-2 for device certificate but I am not able to find out relevant source.

Could anyone point me in the direction which mentions what versions (3.6.X, 15.0.X, 15.2.X) support SHA-2 for device certificate ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

umahar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This came up during an ISE engagement as initial web redirection would throw the switch certificate to the client and customer wanted this certificate to be SHA-2.

I couldn't find this support being mentioned in any of the release notes or navigation feature but I was able to successfully import a SHA-256 PKCS12 cert into 3.6.X and 15.0.2 train.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This topic is not related to ISE, is it?

The certificates issued by ISE internal CA are not supported to work on Cisco IOS devices.

umahar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This came up during an ISE engagement as initial web redirection would throw the switch certificate to the client and customer wanted this certificate to be SHA-2.

I couldn't find this support being mentioned in any of the release notes or navigation feature but I was able to successfully import a SHA-256 PKCS12 cert into 3.6.X and 15.0.2 train.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Great. Lab tests are the best. Any issue on this would need to go to the switch platform teams, tho.