cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

smart licensing multiple ISE enviroments

Pete C
Level 1
Level 1

i currently have a production ISE environment which includes 8 x sns-3595 nodes, made up of primary and secondary Admin, primary and secondary MnT and 4 x PSN nodes. The devices are licensed using smart licenses. Against our smart account we have sufficient Base, Plus and Apex licenses.

i want to build an environment for all build and testing which will be completely separate from the production environment. i will need license for less than 50 devices. the product i will be using is a ISE-VM-K9. But i want it to be permanent so the 90 day evaluation will not work.

my question is, can i use the Smart licensing for my test environment, using my same smart account, that the production ISE environment use with impacting it.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you can do this, I have many customers with multiple ISE deployments in their environment. Often this is one production and one lab, but some have more. I always recommend they point them to the same smart licensing virtual account to share licenses. 

As you indicated, you will want one VM license per node, the base/plus/apex licenses are pooled and shared between the deployments. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you can do this, I have many customers with multiple ISE deployments in their environment. Often this is one production and one lab, but some have more. I always recommend they point them to the same smart licensing virtual account to share licenses. 

As you indicated, you will want one VM license per node, the base/plus/apex licenses are pooled and shared between the deployments.