cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Common Language Equipment Identifier/CLEI support in ISE MIB?

tertang@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Trying to confirm if ISE SNMP has CLEI MIB object that stores the hardware chasiss barcode ?

Checked the https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-3/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_23/b_ise_admin_guide_23_chapter_0100100.pdf but nothing there.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

See the following community post related to monitoring ISE via SNMP:

Monitoring ISE health using SNMP Polling 

The ISE application has a limited view of the underlying hardware, so polling the application would not provide the hardware chassis identifier.

The ISE SNS-34xx/35xx/36xx appliances, however, are built on the UCS series servers. You might be able to get the info you're seeking by SNMP polling the CIMC on the UCS server itself. Have look at the MIB Reference for Cisco UCS Standalone C-Series Servers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What if you try to query an object from the particular MIB ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

don't believe the ISE MIB has another OID object that contains the hardware chassis barcode/identifier.

See the following community post related to monitoring ISE via SNMP:

Monitoring ISE health using SNMP Polling 

The ISE application has a limited view of the underlying hardware, so polling the application would not provide the hardware chassis identifier.

The ISE SNS-34xx/35xx/36xx appliances, however, are built on the UCS series servers. You might be able to get the info you're seeking by SNMP polling the CIMC on the UCS server itself. Have look at the MIB Reference for Cisco UCS Standalone C-Series Servers.

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE supported MIBs are documented in the ISE CLI Guide under snmp-server community since you enable SNMP via the CLI.