cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNS-3615 ISE Installation Stuck in started service enabling compressing ram with zram

john.dejesus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was trying to reinstall the SNS-3615 with ISE v.2.6. But I'm stuck in "started service enabling compressing ram with zram", is this a normal behavior? I have attached the screenshots for reference.

Thanks,

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Jason Kunst @Damien Miller 

thank you for yours answers.

It worked, I ahd to select another option among the 4 options I had to boot the new iso. ( version 2.6 on ISE Appliance 3655).

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please copy the ISO to a USB drive and use it to perform the install, if that is not what you are doing. It could seem stuck when the connection speed is slow.

cnezakaren
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

I'm facing the same issue while installing an sns 3655 appliance.

How did you manage to correct that behavior ?

Thank you in advance,

Cadeau

Can you confirm if you're trying to use the network KVM, or booting from usb media?

Which ISO file are you trying to boot? I ask because there is a 36x5 specific 2.4 ISO, and then a general 2.6 ISO.

Lastly, have you confirmed that the file md5/sha hash matches what cisco.com lists for the ISO you're trying to boot.

@Damien Miller wrote:
Can you confirm if you're trying to use the network KVM, or booting from usb media?

Which ISO file are you trying to boot? I ask because there is a 36x5 specific 2.4 ISO, and then a general 2.6 ISO.

Lastly, have you confirmed that the file md5/sha hash matches what cisco.com lists for the ISO you're trying to boot.

If all else has failed please open tac case 

@Jason Kunst @Damien Miller 

thank you for yours answers.

It worked, I ahd to select another option among the 4 options I had to boot the new iso. ( version 2.6 on ISE Appliance 3655).

What option did you pick ??

i ran into same issue 

The boot option should be -- "Cisco ISE Installation (Keyboard/Monitor)"

Hi,

SNS 3615 can only support v2.4 or later. I faced this issue because I was trying to install v2.3. If you still face this issue using v2.4 or later, verify that the software is not corrupted. Check its MD5 hash.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

Is there other solution for the same issue when trying it via CIMC and not USB. Connected virtually and should have a 1 Gbit/s connection.

thank you.

Your question is a bit vague but, if you're installing a supported version of ISE using the CIMC virtual KVM, you would also use the Keyboard/Monitor option as per the steps in the Install Guide.

If you're trying to install ISE via the CIMC virtual KVM where the ISO is on your local PC but the ISE appliance is remote across a WAN and/or VPN, this can take hours and is prone to issues. Where I have had to do so for customers, I have had the customer provide a jump host local to the ISE appliance that meets all of the requirements and ensure that the ISO file is on that jump host. You can then RDP into the jump host, access the CIMC from there, and perform a local install.