Helpful
Replies

spare parts for SNS-3415

S M85
Level 4
Level 4

Hi guys,

I saw the HW specs of the 3415.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5712/ps11640/data_sheet_c78-726524.pdf

There is a spare part for the disk and for the power supply. Does anyone has the experience if the ISE software will check for the HW. The SNS server has a hardware raid controller. I want to know if I can use the raid controller just for mirroring for HW redundancy.

The SNS 3415 has two power slots. So i suspose this can be easily done without breaking the 'service' requiremtents for TAC.

regards,

Sander

3 Replies 3

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Magnin,

ISE software based on Linux so I am very much sure that it would check the hardware at the time of booting as Linux/Unix does. For implementing HA I would suggest you that please open a case with tac@cisco.com so that your service agreement not becomes void.

Hi Ravi,

For the OS disk, I'm pretty sure we will run into problems. Like you said the UNIX distri will check for the HW bases on the system ID (3415 will have only 1 disk like the specs of Cisco). So sure I don't want to run into problems with my service agreement.

But for the PSU it would be a nice to know if I can install this without any issues. Maybe you got the HW in the LABs?

regards,
Sander

arpanlakra
Level 1
Level 1

What's the official Cisco policy on upgrading the 3415 to have 2 power supplies?  Will it void the support contract?