cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sponsor Approval without Mail (SAML Login)

mgollob
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I am in the process of implementing an ISE Guest Solution. Sponsors need to approve the request from a guest. It hasbeen configured that the login to the sponsor portal should be done via SAML. Unfortunately, I then have the problem that the approve with a one-click no longer works. I am therefore redirected to the portal and have to manually approve the guest here. I always get the message "Are you sure..." and then have to enter the sponsor e-mail address. Is there a way around this, so that only a check mark has to be set or can the whole thing be bypassed so that this window no longer appears? 

Many thanks & BR

7 Replies 7

I think one-click approval is not supported with SSO. Did you try to remove the check box of "Require sponsor to provide credentials for authentication" from the "Registration Form Settings"?

Yes, one-click is not possible with SSO, I know that. It doesn't work because a link with a token is generated and when you access the portal, the verification with Microsoft is carried out first. That is not the problem. My point is that I don't have to enter the sponsor mail again when the guest is approved. This Are you Sure... window I do not need.

Yes, the check box is unchecked.

I have found the solution. you have to check the box "Always send notifications from the default email address" in the guest email settings.

Thanks for sharing this. Did that bypass the requirement for the sponsors to fill out their email addresses?

mgollob
Level 1
Level 1

If you set the hack to the first option, the ISE will try to send the credentials using the sponsor e-mail address. If you choose the second option, the general e-mail from the ISE is used and it is no longer necessary to enter the sponsor e-mail. So it is not bypassed, it is configured differently

I didn't realize at the beginning that there was also the possibility that the ISE can send the credentials on behalf of the sponsor mails.

Yes you're right, there is an option to use whether the sponsor's email account or the group email account which is the default one. But what I meant by bypassing is that now you don't get any pop up on the screen even with that default email auto-populated? if not then it seems to bypass that pop up all the way.