Views
Helpful
Replies

Sponsored Guest Account export

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi

Customer is happy that they can create a Sponsored Guest User .csv file and have ISE create a large batch of guest accounts.

Their guests don't have email to receive the credentials (e.g. international guests with no access to their email).

They want to supply the guest account passwords as a paper printout, and to make the job more efficient for the Sponsors, easily produce a print out of all the accounts and their passwords.

But I cannot find a Sponsored Guest User Export function...I either have to copy and paste from the Notices page, or by clicking on each account and copy and pasting password.

Is there are more efficient way?  Any advice appreciated.

cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the notice, Click notify and then print

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 12.39.11 PM.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the notice, Click notify and then print

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 12.39.11 PM.png

Hi Jason,

thanks for that hint.  The print function works well.

I noticed however that if I tried printing 300 unique accounts then the resulting print job creates a PDF file where all the users are randomly distributed - the sequential ordering is lost.  Makes it a pain to manually shuffle the pages around!

e.g. I started with a clean slate - 0 Manage Accounts.  Then imported a .csv that looks like this:

The import works fine and I can see them all in the correct order in Manage Accounts.

When I print out the entire list via the Notices tab, the resulting PDF scrambles the users all over the place.

e.g.

page 1 contains Joe100

page 2 contains Joe116

etc.

I would consider that a bug.  I have not tried printing directly to a printer because the PDF option should simulate that.

I also printed to an XPS file to rule out a bug in the Microsoft PrintToPDF driver.  Same sequence as in the PDF.

Yes I would agree please open a tac case

UPDATE:  I opened a TAC SR 682593062.  TAC reproduced the issue and created bug ID CSCvf13094