cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sponsored-Guest Portal - Hidden Username - Jquery Script Question

bihlerkfpi
Level 1
Level 1

I was hoping someone could possibly assist here.   We have a Sponsored-Guest Portal set up and every user connecting would be using the same guest account (hidden username, not manually entered).  Once their MAC is in the endpoint group, they don't have to go through the portal login for 90 days. We are encountering an issue with the guest user account associated with this portal hitting the max number of registered devices (999).  I figured i could simply create a new guest user to attach to the portal and have another 999 devices available.  After further examining the portal configuration, it looks like my predecessor used a jquery script to hide the username.  I tried to replace the username with the newly created account where it shows up in the script below.  After saving the change however, it was reverted back to the original username.  Unfortunately i know virtually no jquery scripting.  I was just curious if this was something obvious to those that do know the scripting language.  

Error message received:

Failed to unregister endpoint
You have added the maximum number of supported devices. The first device you logged in with will be deleted from so you can add the new device

<script>
// Set portal user name
jQuery("#user\\.username").val("guest-test")

// Hide user name field when loaded
jQuery(".ui-input-text.ui-shadow-inset.ui-corner-all.ui-btn-shadow.ui-body-a").ready(function() {
// Handler for .load() called.
jQuery(".ui-input-text.ui-shadow-inset.ui-corner-all.ui-btn-shadow.ui-body-a").first().hide()
});

// Change AUP Text
jQuery('#ui_login_content_label').text('Guest Acceptable Use Policy')

// Make AUP Text box full length
jQuery('#ui_aup_hotspot_text ').css('max-height', '100%');

// Move the form field to bottom of page
jQuery(document).one('pageshow', function() {
jQuery('.ui-controlgroup-controls').first().insertAfter('#ui_aup_hotspot_text');
})
</script><br _moz_editor_bogus_node="TRUE" />

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since it posted "deleted", I hope you already fixed your issue. If you still need support, it might be best to contact TAC.

The hotspot portal in ISE does not associate with a username so you might be using the other types of guest portals. To update the JavaScript changes in the portal page customization of an ISE guest portal, please remember to toggle off the JavaScript before saving the portal.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

bihlerkfpi
Level 1
Level 1

deleted

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since it posted "deleted", I hope you already fixed your issue. If you still need support, it might be best to contact TAC.

The hotspot portal in ISE does not associate with a username so you might be using the other types of guest portals. To update the JavaScript changes in the portal page customization of an ISE guest portal, please remember to toggle off the JavaScript before saving the portal.

bihlerkfpi
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks.  Unfortunately no the issue is not resolved.  I believe you are correct, this is not a hot spot but rather a Sponsored-Guest Portal.  I have updated the post accordingly.  I did open a TAC case, but since it involved jquery, i didn't think they would be able to help.  Their documentation says to post here instead.

I took a look and was able to save the changes after toggling the HTML view off.  Thanks for the tip!  I am waiting to hear back and will mark this resolved if that's the case.