Views
Helpful
Replies

SSID option field is missing from sponsor portal

Fabio885
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i red on many and many sites that cisco ise automatically show the list of ssid where you can choose the prefer one from the sponsor portal.

Actually i put many ssid (more than 1 as guide told) but nothing happen on sponsor portal.

Someone know why there is that kind of bug/error or something like that?

Thank you so much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You did not mention what version of ISE you're using, but I do not see any issue in my 3.0 patch 2 instance.

From the Guest SSIDs page:

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 8.38.42 am.png

From the Sponsor Portal config:

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 8.39.29 am.png

From the Sponsor Portal:

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 8.41.14 am.png

You might try clearing your browser cache/cookies, check from another browser, etc.

It's not a symptom described, but this could be another symptom related to bugID CSCvx71724.

If all else fails, please open a TAC case to investigate further.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Actually i put many ssid (more than 1 as guide told) but nothing happen on sponsor portal.

Not sure what you expecting here, can you explain more ?

Please refer below documents ( appolgies, if you refered already not helped ?)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine/216330-ise-self-registered-guest-portal-configu.html

http://www.network-node.com/blog/2016/1/2/ise-20-guest-wireless-policy

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Fabio885
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the reply at first, 

i mean, when a sponsor want to create an account for guest trought a sponsor portal, here there is not the SSID field.

The guide told that when you put more than 1 ssid, it must be showed in sponsor portal.

we know that the ssid field is just a label, but we want to understand if there is any kind of error.

Thanks

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only way ISE would 'automatically' show all SSIDs configured on the WLC is if the Wireless Setup Wizard was used in earlier versions of ISE that support it (it's no longer available from ISE 3.0). This wizard included a step where ISE pulled information directly from the WLC.

From ISE 3.0, you need to manually configure the SSIDs you want to make available to the Sponsor in the Work Centers > Guest Access > Guest Locations and SSIDs section.

The SSIDs configured there can then be associated with your Sponsor Portal in the SSIDs available to sponsors: drop-down list and they will be available for the Sponsor to select during Guest creation.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

good information ...cheers ... any reason behind doing the approach, rather improving from exiting version to new version,

BB

@balaji.bandi, I'm not sure what you're asking but the SSID configuration is really just to allow the Sponsor to inform the Guest the name of the SSID to which they should connect for Guest access.

See the Assign Guest Locations and SSIDs section of the Admin Guide for more info.

If you're asking why to do it manually vs. using the Wireless Setup Wizard, the manual method has been around in ISE since early days. The Wizard was added in some earlier versions for greenfield deployments, but has been removed in ISE 3.0. See the following post for speculation on why it was removed.

Cisco ISE 3.0 - Can't Find Wireless Setup Wizard 

If you're asking why to do it manually vs. using the Wireless Setup Wizard, the manual method has been around in ISE since early days. The Wizard was added in some earlier versions for greenfield deployments, but has been removed in ISE 3.0. See the following post for speculation on why it was removed.

Cisco ISE 3.0 - Can't Find Wireless Setup Wizard 

yes this is what i was more intrested, got it.

BB

im asking for the manual way.

actually we completed the configuration of the ssid list in the "Location and SSID" but in our sponsor portal is not showing the drop-down list.

My main issue is that even if i complete the listing of ssid in the setting page, in the sponsor portal we cannot see the list.

You did not mention what version of ISE you're using, but I do not see any issue in my 3.0 patch 2 instance.

From the Guest SSIDs page:

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 8.38.42 am.png

From the Sponsor Portal config:

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 8.39.29 am.png

From the Sponsor Portal:

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 8.41.14 am.png

You might try clearing your browser cache/cookies, check from another browser, etc.

It's not a symptom described, but this could be another symptom related to bugID CSCvx71724.

If all else fails, please open a TAC case to investigate further.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: