Views
Helpful
Replies

Status Notification for ISE Scheduled Backup

jondarojas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

I'd like to know if anyone is aware of a built-in way for ISE to send a status message (email or similar) with the status of last scheduled backup job.

I understand it generates a log message for it, but I'd like to know if there's a built-in way to enable some kind of notification or if we have to use a 3rd party tool to correlate the log message with a notification.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what ISE version ? as per i know this was not there until 2.7 and 3.0 (not sure 3.1 or 3.2 )

check below thread you can send log to external syslog.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/ise-back-up-and-email/td-p/4487833

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

jondarojas
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the response @balaji.bandi 

Version is 3.1 patch 5... we are already sending the log to an external server but I was looking for a built-in way to receive a notification if the scheduled backup files.

Not have 3.1 or above to suggest anything.. as per document did not find anything.

Looks like wish list or feedback to ise this requirement.

for now try syslog server alert this for you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Rodrigo Diaz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @jondarojas , in ISE there is already an alarm that is going to notify you in case a backup as failed

RodrigoDiaz_0-1673110915494.png

If what you want is to receive notifications via email , what you need to do is to enable the alarm notifications in the tab that is displayed in the image indicating the mailers where the alarm will be sent (SMTP Server should be configured first ) , in this scenario this will be delivering you an email only if the backups , that you have scheduled ,fail. 

Let me know if that helped you. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: