cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TACACS Issues

micpage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My customer is working on a TACACS project and is encountering the issue below.  Any experience with the error below and what might would cause it?

Shane, my contact number is below.  The basic issue is that we can’t successfully make REST calls to the API from our Tools Pod.  I get a 500 error:

curl -I -k -H "Authorization: Basic blahblahblah=" https://98.8.169.22/Rest/Identity/User/name/p2725398

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

Content-Type: text/html;charset=utf-8

Content-Length: 1423

Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 19:29:47 GMT

Connection: close

Server:

However, the same query works fine from my desk.  Generally, I would diagnose a 500 error by examining the web logs for my service but I don’t know how that works with TACACS.  Just looking for someone to help investigate what’s going on.  This REST service will be part of our pre-check process for migrating to the new TACACS so having it broken is blocking that project.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please work with the TAC to debug why you are receiving an internal server error.  They will be able to root cause the issue faster than this forum would be able to.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please work with the TAC to debug why you are receiving an internal server error.  They will be able to root cause the issue faster than this forum would be able to.

Regards,

-Tim