Helpful
Replies

Trouble with Guest portal HTML code after upgrade to Cisco ISE 3.0

Melantrix
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Hope you guys can help.

We've upgraded from ISE 2.7 to 3.0 and we're experiencing some issues with our guest portals.

The available default portals did not fit our bill so we've tried and customized the portals towards our needs.
We've just some simple jQuery selectors with hide options, basic CSS and of course some HTML to create some new buttons.

Unfortunately those custom buttons do not work anymore.
It says 'ERROR LOADING PAGE'.

I've noticed some changes in the html and java script pages, they've added an random generated token as an input type whilst accessing a new page.

For starters: On the logon page of one of ours guest portals we've created 2 buttons <see code bellow>

<div class="button">
        <a  href="https://<portal.url>:8443/portal/SelfRegistration.action?from=LOGIN"><span class="buttontext">Login Gast</span></a>
</div><br /><br />
<div class="button">
        <a href="https://<portal.url>:8443/portal/PortalSetup.action?portal=01d42a31-80a3-4ae7-87e6-b5e964bcbfd8"><span
                class="buttontext">Login Medewerker</span></a>
</div><br /><br />

those buttons worked and redirected it to the page we desired.
From V3.0 neither of those buttons work, also while we're using just an simple <href> without the cosmetics; no effect.

Did anyone also encountered these issues, and had anyone have a fix or workarround.

Hope you can help/

regards

3 Replies 3

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Is the code still in the config, but the effect is no longer working?

Without knowing the root cause, I would try something: create a new Portal, and just do enough work on it to customize that page that you mention with the code you mentioned. Perhaps the portal specific stuff did not migrate across properly and needs a rebuild.

I can't say I have used ISE 3.0 yet - perhaps this is a TAC case issue.

Hi Arne,

Thank you for your reply, I've tried your suggestion but unfortunately the same result.

I was able to find a new string of code, at least i think it's new:

<form name="selfRegForm" action="SelfRegistration.action?from=LOGIN" method="POST">
                <input type="hidden" name="token" value="4RP0RCP1DPW4RJGBYJ1BLPM2FBN6DWWX" />
<div class="cisco-ise-form-buttons">
                    <a href="#" id="ui_login_self_reg_button" class="ui-link">LORUSIMPSUM.</a>
                </div>
            </form>

It generates a random token and attach it's in the header when redirect it to a new page in the process.

It seems we are not able to access this variable cause it's locked in the linked javascript --> assumption.  

toandoan
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm running into the same issue after upgrading to 3.0 as well. I'm getting a 400 error.

Background: when guest connect to the guest SSID, they all start on a main portal. From there, if you're an employee you can log directly from the main portal. If you're a guest, you can click a button and be redirect to a self registering portal. The portal login is hidden via CSS and I present them with a "continue" button to get to the registration page. The "cancel" button redirects to 1.1.1.1 which actually takes them back to the main portal. When we hit the "continue" button, we see a 400 error saying that the syntax is malformed.

The same code works in our instance running 2.7 just fine.

<script>
jQuery(window).ready(function() {
var hostname = window.location.hostname;
var WebSessionId = window.location.href.substr(window.location.href.search("\\?")).split("=")[2];
jQuery('.m-ise-scriptable').append(' <center><a href="https://'+hostname+':8443/portal/SelfRegistration.action?from=LOGIN" target="_self"><span class="portal-btn">Continue</span></a></center>');
});
</script><script>
jQuery(window).ready(function() {
var hostname = window.location.hostname;
var WebSessionId = window.location.href.substr(window.location.href.search("\\?")).split("=")[2];
jQuery('.s-ise-scriptable').append(' <center><a href="http://1.1.1.1" target="_self"><span class="portal-btn">Cancel</span></a></center>');
});
</script>

<div class="ui-corner-all ui-body-a ui-shadow">
<div class="cisco-ise-scriptable">
<h2><font face="Arial" size="5">You will need the following information:</font></h2>
<ul><li><font face="Arial" size="4">MeetUp Registration Code</font></li></ul><br /><br />
<div class="m-ise-scriptable">
</div>
<div class="s-ise-scriptable">
</div>
</div>
</div>