Views
Helpful
Replies

TrustSec-ACI Policy Plane Integration - ISE questions

dvan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In regards to TrustSec-ACI Policy Plane Integration, what is the high availability architecture between ISE and ACI, assuming both solutions are fully redundant (i.e. multiple ISE PANs/MNTs/PSNs and ACI-DC Controllers)? How does the failover function (if any)?

Also, in order to setup the integration, the various Cisco guides available mention that the SXP service is required to be enabled.  Does this mean an SXP connection is setup from ISE PSNs to ACI-DC Controllers, or is it just for internal ISE purposes?

From packet captures in the lab, I dont see any SXP connections however I do see active TCP connections over port 443 between the ISE PAN and ACI-DC Controller...

Thanks,

Denis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeaves@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

for HA, you can enter the 3 IPs of an APIC cluster into the ISE settings for integration. ISE connects to APIC from the Primary PAN and upon PAN failover, the Secondary PAN should take over.

SXP is NOT used between ISE and APIC, it is REST API as you have seen. The SXP service you enable on the ISE side defines the SXP domains (and hence the mappings in those domains) that get sent to APIC. SXP is also used to distribute mappings learned from via REST API from APIC to network devices in the Enterprise.

Regards, Jonothan.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jeaves@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

for HA, you can enter the 3 IPs of an APIC cluster into the ISE settings for integration. ISE connects to APIC from the Primary PAN and upon PAN failover, the Secondary PAN should take over.

SXP is NOT used between ISE and APIC, it is REST API as you have seen. The SXP service you enable on the ISE side defines the SXP domains (and hence the mappings in those domains) that get sent to APIC. SXP is also used to distribute mappings learned from via REST API from APIC to network devices in the Enterprise.

Regards, Jonothan.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: