cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two Factor Authentication

joe.kowalewski
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure what I am trying to do is possible, so I thought I would pose the question on here.  In ACS 5.3, I would like to use an RSA server and AD to authenticate my network devices.  So when I log into a router or switch I would enter my AD username, be prompted for my RSA token, then when I enable be prompted for my AD password, or visa versa.  Can anyone tell if this is possible and how to write an access policy to achive this?

Thanks,
Joe

2 Replies 2

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is not possible since the ACS is built to send a pass for authentications that succeed on the identity store that is tied to your access policy, and if you enable identity store sequences you can either choose AD, RSA or internal, depending on your settings the requests can either cycle through a specific order and there are the other configurable options but not what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

osdhedheya11
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 ASA 5520 appliances. I have enabled active/active multiple failover mode. I want to configure to use AAA authentication local database for the management interface. Go through the steps