cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Update in progress.....

Kurt Warner
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to upgrade my ACS 1120 from 5.0.21 to 5.1 but as i understand it i have to add patch 5-0-0-21-9.tar.gpg First. I am using the web interface with the ACS and i am choosing Retrieve From Client  browseing to the 5-0-0-21-9.tar.gpg  file and then applying upgrade. When im able tolog back in all i see in the Distributed System Management is update in progress. How do i know this is working? ho wlong should i wait before i reboot the box or just cancel the update? Am i doing this correctly ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

I followed the procedure in the following link to upgrading from 5.0 to 5.1 without any problem.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/installation/guide/csacs_upg.html#wp1167547

I would suggest you to use Command line instead of GUI.

If you can login to the appliance via ssh, you can use "show ver" to see if the patch was installed correctly.

acs5fcs/admin# sh ver

Cisco Application Deployment Engine OS Release: 1.1 Build Version: 1.1.0.416 Copyright (c) 2005-2008 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Hostname: acs5fcs

Version information of installed applications
---------------------------------------------

Cisco ACS VERSION INFORMATION
-----------------------------
Version : 5.0.0.21
Internal Build ID : B.2757
Patches :
5.0.0.21.9               <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Patch installed

acs5fcs/admin#

View solution in original post

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

Is this a standalone story or a deployment?

You can check whether the expected version did in fact get downloaded by looking at about box for server where download was done

There is a bug in 5.0 where gets stuck in this state during download and "Cancel" will free it up

Also in 5.0 it can be more reliable to do patch install from the CLI

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

aneelaka
Level 1
Level 1

In ACS 5.x only changes on the primary gets replicated , if it is displaying update in progress, could be just a cosemtic messages. Try making changes on primary and test to see if this changes are being replicated to secondary. If it is stuck on update in progress, you may need to disjoin the secondary from replication partner and rejoin

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

I followed the procedure in the following link to upgrading from 5.0 to 5.1 without any problem.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/installation/guide/csacs_upg.html#wp1167547

I would suggest you to use Command line instead of GUI.

If you can login to the appliance via ssh, you can use "show ver" to see if the patch was installed correctly.

acs5fcs/admin# sh ver

Cisco Application Deployment Engine OS Release: 1.1 Build Version: 1.1.0.416 Copyright (c) 2005-2008 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Hostname: acs5fcs

Version information of installed applications
---------------------------------------------

Cisco ACS VERSION INFORMATION
-----------------------------
Version : 5.0.0.21
Internal Build ID : B.2757
Patches :
5.0.0.21.9               <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Patch installed

acs5fcs/admin#

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

Is this a standalone story or a deployment?

You can check whether the expected version did in fact get downloaded by looking at about box for server where download was done

There is a bug in 5.0 where gets stuck in this state during download and "Cancel" will free it up

Also in 5.0 it can be more reliable to do patch install from the CLI

It is a Stand alone.  Trying it from the CLI is my next step.

i got it done in the CLI seems the GUI just wasnt cutting it!

Did I suggest you to use command line?

yes, you did and thank you for the help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: