Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade ACS 5.1 to 5.4

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

I'm not able to find any clear process/documentation on how to upgrade 5.1 to 5.4, so I have assumed that it will be a 2 stage process...

Upgrade from 5.1 to 5.3 (or 5.2)

Then upgrade to 5.4

Can someone outline to me the steps I would need to take to upgrade a Primary and Secondary server that are in a cluster please?

Thank you

Bilal

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.
22 Replies 22

Thanks Bilal and Mauricio for the detailed advice.

I too have to upgrade from 5.1 to 5.4. Apart from other concerns already addressed above, i have a few doubts:

1) Upgrade guide tells us to transfer Log collector to secondary before upgrading Primary ( Is it necessary?Can you please throw some light on Log collector)

2) Do we need to do something with Licensing?

3) Does disk size matter? ( Read somewhere that minimum disk size should be 500 GB)

Split the boxes before upgrade and you will have no confusion regarding log collector (de register I mean).

Register them back after upgrade.

Licensing is carried over.

yes disk should be 500 GB min.

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
--Dalai Lama**

Please Rate if helpful.
Regards
Ed

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality. --Dalai Lama** Please Rate if helpful. Regards Ed

Can you please let me know the process to generate the CSR on secondary ACS?I am trying to generate but getting an error.

Just follow this document, you should be okay.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.4/user/guide/admin_config.html#wp1058001

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Thanks for the link Bilal.

However , I tried the same thing and was getting an error.I will provide you the error tomorrow.

Also, I need to add other details as well like :

O=

OU=

L (Location) =

However, i do not see the options to add these details. I could only add the Common name.

Can you please help in this.

Regards

Kumar Vaibhav

Hello Bilal,

I was able to add the details. I got the message that CSR is generated and i could find that in Outstanding Signing Request but I am unable to find any.

Replication status in secondary ACS is showing Updated, but is pending in primary. Is this thing linked?

Vaibhav

Hello Bilal,

I have verisign cert as an external certificate on my ACS but do not have its full cert chain installed.

In an effort to change the CA, we were planning to add the full certificate chain onto ACS.

We do not get an option to do that on backup, will adding them on primary give any downtime or would it ask for restart of device or restart of applications.

panayiotiscy
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you edward and bilal.
I think you ve got me covered!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App