Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading ISE in VM from ver 1.2 to 1.4

rys
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I am quite new to ISE and got a task to upgrade the ISE from ver 1.2 to 1.4.

The ISE is running on a VM. I downloaded the new ver 1.4 and get it on a DVD.

Since we have a separate team for managing the VM, I need to involve them as well to get this done.

Can anyone help me how I could do the upgrading process of those ISE running in VM ?

Thanks

rYs

2 Replies 2

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First upgrade your to latest patch for  ISE 1.2 . Create a repository to obtain backups and copy the upgrade bundle. We recommend that you use FTP for better performance and reliability you can also  copy the upgrade bundle to the Cisco ISE node's local disk . You can execute the "application upgrade "command from the CLI .Upgrade Methods for Different Types of Deployments check

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-4/upgrade_guide/b_ise_upgrade_guide_14/b_ise_upgrade_guide_14_chapter_010.html

Hi Venkatesh,

Thanks for your response, I already upgrade to a latest patch of 1.2 and downloaded the upgrde bundle for uprading from 1.2 to 1.4. The ISE box we are using is running on a VM,, I created a repository in the ISE CLI, But I not understanding the use of this, ?

repository test

url disk:/      <what s the use of it ? and how I could get the files in local disk in ISE from my PC ?

Thanks

rYs.