Views
Helpful
Replies

URL feed not accessible in ISE

alan
Level 1
Level 1

Background

I have build an ISE server, and domain as VM's in a lab environment for study purposes.

The active directory DC acts as a DNS server, and both the single ISE server and DC have full internet access (DNS, web browsing on both devised are confirmed as working).

When I try to update ISE Client provisioning service packages from Cisco (Policy > Results > Client Provisioning > Resources > Add > Agent Resources from Cisco Site) , or when I try to update the posture (Administration > System > Settings > Posture > Updates) I get the error below.

-----

Connection to the remote site has failed. Verify that the remote site is available and/or related ISE administration settings are correct.
-------
Running a packet capture on an upstream firewall I can see that www.perfigo.com is resolved to an IP address (74.217.77.52), I then see an attempted connection to this IP over tcp/443, this attempt retires 2 additional times and times out.
So it appears that the URL isn't accessible by me.
when I try to connect to the https://74.217.77.52 URL via a browser I don't get anything, nor can I see an open port via nmap or connecting via telnet.
I'm trying to determine if this feed still exists and should I be able to use it? Is this some localised issue to me.
I am running ISE v2.1
The feed address I am using is as below.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The site should be working for client provisioning. I just tried and succeeded in downloading a resource from Cisco via my lab ISE GUI.

For posture updates I'm seeing an error on my lab ISE as well. It's on ISE 2.1 Patch 3.

I know these were working as recently as a couple of weeks ago when I was working on a customer's production deployment.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The site should be working for client provisioning. I just tried and succeeded in downloading a resource from Cisco via my lab ISE GUI.

For posture updates I'm seeing an error on my lab ISE as well. It's on ISE 2.1 Patch 3.

I know these were working as recently as a couple of weeks ago when I was working on a customer's production deployment.

Thank you for the response Marvin,

I'll keep trying and may build a new environment to see if the issue continues on a new install.

I'll check my patch level and do another pcap to see what happens.

Tried it again last night and the updates worked without any changes being made from my side.

I can only assume there was an issue on the service.

Case closed.

You are not alone in this problem :) I had this happen a few times to me last month, only for it to start working a while later. Looks like the perfigo site that this is hosted on, keeps going down frequently.

I brought this up with a Cisco ISE TME during Cisco Live and he thought they were changing over the site's certificate infrastructure and may have had some issues in that regard.