cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use cisco-av-pair with database query.

rhobab
Level 1
Level 1

We currently are validating the computers that access the network by the uid in the cisco-av-pair. For this we have conditions to validate the uid. While this worked fine with a few computers connecting via AnyConnect the amount of machines has increased greatly and the conditions have become unmanageable. 

We have been looking for a way to validate the uid against a database at the time of authentication / authorization. We would insert the known uids into a database. The idea being to authenticate the user against the Active Directory and validate the uid against the database at the time of connection. 

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thanks

Victor

6 Replies 6

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

Remote access or 802.1X ?

Remote access. 

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
When you said “We currently are validating the computers that access the network by the uid in the cisco-av-pair”, May I know where this UID is configured and how you are validating it on the ISE ? perhaps a screenshot would help to understand your current setup better before providing any suggestions.

As far as I know the uid is automatically generated when you install AnyConnect on the computer. It appears in the ISE logs as mdm-tlv-device-uid.

[cid:image002.png@01D4B3DD.ED261FB0]

If the UID is generated when you install AnyConnect on a machine, may i know what are you validating it against? Wouldn't any machine with AnyConnect have a UID in that case and kind of unreliable?

It is being validated against a condition in an authorization rule. Any machine with AntConnect has a UID which is randomly generated. In my opinion it is reliable.