cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using acs or token server for differend devices

r.vanwolferen
Level 1
Level 1

We are using ACS 3.0 and vasco tokens, the are both configured on the same server. Authentication is now done by the token server and is working fine, but when we are troubleshooting the routers it's not usefull of having the tokenserver.

So what we want is that we are authenticated bij ACS for the routers and authenticated for the pix by the token server.

Does any one have a suggestion how we can do this?

2 Replies 2

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not a better idea to have both the servers (ACS and token server) on the same server or PC. both will go down if that PC will go down.

I guess, i am still not clear about what exactly you want. Pl. explain it in littlemore detail.

If i understand correctly, you want access to routers to be authenticated via ACS and Access to PIX via token server right?

That is correct. If I turn on authentication on the ACS its for every device I attach. What I want is that I can make the difference between a router and a pix.

For example for troubleshooting it's not easy if you have to authenticate with a token. So we have some routers on our network wich we have to connect more than other routers. Therefore it's easy if I can make the difference for a device on how to connect. But other people have to connect with a token so we can see who has attached the device.

What I want to know is how I can make the difference for this on ACS or on the router.