Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtualize ACS v4.1

xuanhuymai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a pair of physical ASA servers v4.1. Now I need to virtualize them. Do I need to buy any new license? Or I am able to transfer the existing licence from the appliances to the virtual servers.

In case I am able to transfer license from the existing appliances, would you please sent me some links/documentations.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

camejia
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

If you are are referring to ACS Solution Engines being decomissioned in order to install ACS for Windows on VMWare boxes then you require a Software Contract in order to get the ACS for Windows version.

ACS 3.x or 4.x are not licensed based applications but instead contract covered. If you do have a Software Contract that covers the ACS for Windows software then you might want to open a Cisco TAC Case as the Full(Base) Version of ACS for Windows might be published by TAC representative.

NOTE: Full(Base) version of ACS 4.x are not available at Cisco.com. You will only find ACS patches or minor upgrades but not the base version to install it on a Windows Server running on VMWare.

Hope this helps.

Regards.