cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web page cannot login to ACS server

eigrpy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi I install ACS 5.- in vmware workstation. SecureCRT can login to the ACS and can show running-config through SSH. But I cannot login its web page. When I entered username and password(acsadmin/password), I got error message "invalid username or password specified". Even if I set up a new ACS vm, I still have the same issue.  Anyone can give some suggestion? Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, you need to set it via GUI only. CLI can be used to create cli admin accounts. Username for GUI and CLI are different.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

If this is a new setup then use password as default

UN = acsadmin

PWD = default

Change your password and login with new password.

Then you need to install license.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thank you so much for your reply. I am using trial version, and I do not have license. The below link is its protocol.

Change your password and login with new password.

I can login through SSH with username/password which I created when installing ACS. Apparently this username and password is different with the username/passord for web access. So do you think I can change the web's username/password or create new one through the SSH access? I tried it, but it did not work. When I tried to create new username/password, it is different with router

admin/admin(config)# username ABC password plain ABCD role ?
admin Specifies user with administrative role privileges
user Specifies user with read-only role privileges

https://ethernuno.wordpress.com/2014/04/01/install-cisco-acs-v5-4-for-gns3/

No, you need to set it via GUI only. CLI can be used to create cli admin accounts. Username for GUI and CLI are different.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: