cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is a best practice for Cisco ISE 2.1 Patch 6

haroonz
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to update my ISE 2.1 installation from patch 3 to patch 6 via GUI. 

It is my first time applying a patch via GUI. I was hoping to get some best practice methods or tips to applying the patch via GUI. Also anything to lookout for before I apply the update.

All help is greatly appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Thomas Schmitt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

just go to the patch tab, there are some advices.

to be save, I you can stop the application and create snapshot - this will save a lot of time if something goes wrong, but it doesn't replace regular configuration and operational backups.

View solution in original post

In addition to what Thomas wrote, beware that if you install via the WebGUI you install it on the Primary PAN, it then automatically installs the patch on the remaining nodes. So don't be suprised when the other nodes reboot, plan for this.

Any reason why not to go for the latest patch 7? It's been out for 6 weeks, so assume stable.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Thomas Schmitt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

just go to the patch tab, there are some advices.

to be save, I you can stop the application and create snapshot - this will save a lot of time if something goes wrong, but it doesn't replace regular configuration and operational backups.

In addition to what Thomas wrote, beware that if you install via the WebGUI you install it on the Primary PAN, it then automatically installs the patch on the remaining nodes. So don't be suprised when the other nodes reboot, plan for this.

Any reason why not to go for the latest patch 7? It's been out for 6 weeks, so assume stable.

since its my first time applying a patch on ise, i wanted to apply patch 6 via the GUI and then patch 7 via CLI. I am just trying to get some experience using the gui and the cli. I appreciate all the responses!