cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where can i find all "use" options in authentication policy under policy sets?

getaway51
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I can see tht the current authentication policy uses "use"-"internal endpoints" , it has options such as guest users, local users, etc. Where can i view all these. I cant find it under policy elements -conditions/results

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You can configure Identity Source Sequences under: Administration->Identity Management->Identity Source Sequences
Then you can reference it in your Authc policy. Or if you want to setup a CAP (certificate authentication profile) that is configured under: Administration->Identity Management->External Identity Sources->CAP. This can also be referenced in your Authc policy. Good luck & HTH!

View solution in original post

Hi,

You cannot see all the contents of each option.

Internal Endpoints - refers to all the MAC addresses saved in ISE. Administration -> Identities

Internal Users - refers to all the users saved in ISE. Administration -> Identities

Apart from these, you will find:

> any External Identity store created

> any Identity Store Sequence created (default and custom).

Both of the above are found under Administration->Identities.

Hope that helps!
Please 'RATE' and 'MARK ACCEPTED', if applicable.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You can configure Identity Source Sequences under: Administration->Identity Management->Identity Source Sequences
Then you can reference it in your Authc policy. Or if you want to setup a CAP (certificate authentication profile) that is configured under: Administration->Identity Management->External Identity Sources->CAP. This can also be referenced in your Authc policy. Good luck & HTH!

Hi,

Do you knw where the can see the list of Users like internal users, guest users ?

See Administration->Identity Management->Identities->Users
I would recommend checking out the Cisco design guides and peep labminutes.com/security for some good free tutorials. Good luck & HTH!

Hi,

I search everywhere but couldnt find use-"internal endpoints". I thought it's under identity store but it is not there.

Under "Use" in authc policy, "internal endpoints" is selected. Other options are "Internal Users" , "Guest Users", "DenyAccess", etc.

Hi,

You cannot see all the contents of each option.

Internal Endpoints - refers to all the MAC addresses saved in ISE. Administration -> Identities

Internal Users - refers to all the users saved in ISE. Administration -> Identities

Apart from these, you will find:

> any External Identity store created

> any Identity Store Sequence created (default and custom).

Both of the above are found under Administration->Identities.

Hope that helps!
Please 'RATE' and 'MARK ACCEPTED', if applicable.

Hi,

Does it means tht I won't find Identities called "Internal Endpoints" , "Internal Users", "Guest Users", etc? 

These are general terms? 

I am trying to find its mapping like the list of Guest Users, Internal Users,etc

Please try and re-read the responses from others.

"Internal Endpoints", et.al. are identity sources that ISE uses for authentications. They are not exactly general terms but how ISE names the identity sources.

The others already responded with detailed instructions how you may find the list of guest users, internal users, etc. Please also check ISE admin guides and the prescriptive guides under http://cs.co/ise-help

Hi,

FYI, i already search under Admin->Identities, I cant find  "Internal Users" & "Internal Endpoints".

Do you hv any screenshot or guide where you find those? I search like many many times but no luck.