cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which information triggers "aaa accounting update newinfo" command?

rezaalikhani
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all;

Which operation/information triggers "aaa accounting update newinfo" command to send that to ISE?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

cisco not specify exactly what trigger the update but it mention any change in host status and one for trigger if the host get IP then SW send account update

MHM

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

The update happens when the session accounting timer expires, and the session timeout is still greater than 0 (or non-existent). That sends an Interim-Update.

As @MHM Cisco World mentioned, if device tracking learns a new IPv4 address (DHCP renew) then it sends the update asynchronously (i.e. independent of the accounting timer) - not sure what happens with static IPs and ARP probes. I have a suspicion that if you changed the endhost's static IPv4 address, then the next Device-Tracking probe will learn that address (via ARP) but it won't send the Interim Update - bust that's just my theory. Something to test @rezaalikhani 

In addition, if the device-sensor learns anything new (e.g. CDP/LLDP/HTTP) then it will also send that async to ISE as an Interim Update..