cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will ACS 3.3 work with Active Directory 2008 R2?

DragonNOA1_2
Level 1
Level 1

We will be upgrading our domain from 2000 to 2008R2. Will our ACS 3.3 continue to work as normal? Note: the ACS will remain on the same machine. I just want to make sure it can authenticate to the new AD/schema. Has anyone done this? Let me know your thoughts.

3 Replies 3

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

ACS 3.3 will not support Win2k8 R2.

It is supported only on ACS 5.2

The release notes of ACS 5.2 has the bug resolved for Windows 2k8 R2.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.2/release/notes/acs_52_rn.html#wp190981

The following states that windows 2008 R2 is not supported by ACS  4.2. Please have a look at system requirements.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.2.1/Installation_Guide/windows/install.html

Please note ACS 3.3 is out of life and out of support. Please update to latest ACS version.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha.

P.S.: Please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

CSCtg12399

ACS 5.1 did not support 2008 R2 Server for AD.

They don't make it easy to find out this info. We currently have 2008R2 forest schema, 2003 domain prepped, and running in 2000 native functional level. ACS 3.3.3 is still working for us. We will jump to AD 2003 R2 functional then 2008R2. Does 3.3.3 work with 2003R2 Active Directory? Since we already have the schema updated I'm guessing it goes off functional level.

Has anyone ran into any issues where an AD upgrade made their ACS stop working?

Hi,

ACS 3.3.3 will not support Win2k8 R2.

The only fix is to upgrade your ACS to 5.2.

This is primarily because the ACS 3.3.3 was developed when win 2000 was present. the Win 2k8 R2 is a different OS platform altogether and is developed after ACS 3.3.3. so the support is not present.

As far as ACS 3.3.3 with windows 2k3 R2 goes, i am not sure if it is supported in 2k3 R2 or not but i guess it is supoerted in 2k3 SP and EP.

You can check the bug details from the bugtoolkit tool present on the cisco.com site.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.