Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 10 Native supp request identity fail

peter.matuska1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using Native supplicant in Win10. I use EAP-TLS for machine and user authentication. The problem is that sometimes when I log in the authentication ends up in MAB. When I do clear auth sess on the switch - no change. I did some wireshark and the EAP request identity comes to the PC and PC simply doesnt reply. After doing this for like 5min PC suddenly replies and everything works.

Quick fix to this is logoff and logon. The question is why native supplicant doesnt respond to the request from switch.

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You didn't provide much information to troubleshoot this.

Please read How to Ask The Community for Help and resubmit the question with appropriate level of configuration details.

Or submit a TAC case.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Generally, i have not used many use cases default windows supplicants. 

First i see any Logs in ISE can help, also look below Windows documents :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/advanced-troubleshooting-802-authentication

In most cases, the Driver issue of the NIC checks any latest updates available.

check any Latest updates of Windows to see if that fixes?

check any other vendor NIC you have to test?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi @peter.matuska1 

double check if your Windows Fast User Switching is disable and if your problem occurs after a Sleep/Hibernation (you can change that on Windows Advanced Power Settings).

Hope this helps !!!

didnt help. the problem is still there. 

You didn't provide much information to troubleshoot this.

Please read How to Ask The Community for Help and resubmit the question with appropriate level of configuration details.

Or submit a TAC case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: