cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows Server 2016 - Error EapHost when connecting to NPS from Cisco

Halliblondal
Level 1
Level 1

I have a simple setup: Cisco Access Point (old one AIR-CAP3502I-E-K9), and it is connected to an older Cisco Switch, and to the switch, the same VLAN, I have a Windows 2016 server.

The server has RADIUS, NPS, to authenticate clients connecting to the AP.

When I connect with password and username to the WEP-Enterprise I get the following on the AP:

** Associated KEY_MGMT[WPA] **
Then the connection fails for the client and this comes
** Deauthenticating station xxxx.xxxx.xxxx Reason: Sending station has left the BSS **

I check the Event Viewer on the Windows Server and I see I get an application error for EapHost:

** Eap method DLL path name validation failed. Error: typeId = 254, authorId=311, vendorId=14122, vendorType= 1**

So I go to Register Editor and to ** HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\EapHost\Methods\311\254\14122\1 **

There I find one .dll file: **  WcnEapPeerProxy.dll ** that should be in the System32 folder. But when I search the System32 directory there is non to be found (as it says in the EapHost error message).

I am very new to all this and am playing with a lab setup, I am wondering if this might be the reason for me not getting a connection, rather than some configuration settings in my NPS?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI :https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eaphost-error-2002/8f6e0a14-7db6-4cd3-9a46-03affa0e108d

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI :https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eaphost-error-2002/8f6e0a14-7db6-4cd3-9a46-03affa0e108d

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !