Replies

Wired Guest Whitelist

sampathss
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Following is the scenario.

1) A set of mac addresses added to a specific endpoint id group

2) Only if the mac address exist in the endpoint id group, then only they get redirect to guest portal, self-register to get internet only access

3) If no mac address on the endpoint if group, then access denied

The question is, how this can be implemented in terms of policy?

The mac address can be only in one endpoint id group and through the portal, the default is set to GuestEndpoints id group.

Is it possible to manage the mac address between two endpoint if groups?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you start with GuestEndpoints and end with GuestEndpoints then how would you do remember me?

You didn’t explain your complete flow. Perhaps if guestendpoints and portaluserID is null then redirect to guest portal? Then if guestendpoints and portaluserID is notnull then permit access?

I would think you would want to do pre-register group then have the portal login group override that and see how that works out?

Please try it and let us know

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Its not in the guest endpoint group until you actually login with an account.

if endpoint group and wireless mab then redirect to portal

Did you try this out? I am thinking it should work

Hi Jason, 

I'm yet to try that. But how will it work if the self-registration guest portal is configured with different endpoint group? If I have the same endpoint ID group in the guest portal and as well as using the same endpoint id group in the policy for redirect, will it work?

If you start with GuestEndpoints and end with GuestEndpoints then how would you do remember me?

You didn’t explain your complete flow. Perhaps if guestendpoints and portaluserID is null then redirect to guest portal? Then if guestendpoints and portaluserID is notnull then permit access?

I would think you would want to do pre-register group then have the portal login group override that and see how that works out?

Please try it and let us know
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: