Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless vendor different and Cisco ISE integration

jean_tomaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

It's possible to integrate my Wireless Network ( Ruckus ) with Cisco ISE , using RADIUS to authenticate and posture (checking paths, antivírus, etc ) ?

Best Regards,

Jean Tomáz.

4 Replies 4

larrywoods
Level 1
Level 1

I apologize as I do not have an answer to this but am certainly looking for an answer as you are.  Have you gotten anything from anyone about this?

Hi,

For basic user authentication you should be covered. However with respect to posturing there are some additional featuers (i.e CoA) which are used to instruct the wireless device how to handle sessions. ISE officially supports only Cisco wireless solutions per the Supported Network Devices section in the release notes.

There are other vendors that are working to support the ISE product but you may need to post this question over to Ruckus.

Here is an article regarding aruba and ISE integration with an overview from aawoland that will give you a better idea.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2145490

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

descalante2007
Level 1
Level 1

Jean:

Did you get a positive answer from Cisco or Ruckus?

At current time, compatibility table from ISE 1.3 just indicate Aruba as the only one third party Wireless Controller, that is compatible with ISE.

Regards.

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

posture service not supported on third party WLC