Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5520 and ISE

colemair
Level 1
Level 1

Team,

I have a customer that is deploying ISE and just purchased WLC 5520's.  The minimum supported by the 5520 is 8.1 code; however, TAC told the customer that 8.1 is no longer being developed and that they should upgrade to 8.2.110.0.  The ISE 2.1 compatibility matrix recommends 8.1.131.0.

1.  Is it true that 8.1 is no longer being developed?

2.  Are there any known issues or concerns with using 8.2.110.0 with ISE?

Thanks,

Colby

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Colby,

If TAC is recommending the customer upgrade to 8.2 then they should.  This is mostly because 8.2 has a fix for the issue they are experiencing.  The 5520s are new and shipped with 8.1 code which is why it is in the compatibility guide.  I'm told by colleagues that 8.3 will be the maintenance train which should contain more bug fixes.  Please review the release notes provided for 8.2 to see if there are any defects that might impact the customer.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Colby,

If TAC is recommending the customer upgrade to 8.2 then they should.  This is mostly because 8.2 has a fix for the issue they are experiencing.  The 5520s are new and shipped with 8.1 code which is why it is in the compatibility guide.  I'm told by colleagues that 8.3 will be the maintenance train which should contain more bug fixes.  Please review the release notes provided for 8.2 to see if there are any defects that might impact the customer.

Regards,

-Tim

Thanks Tim!  That was my feeling as well but wanted to see if anyone in the community has had any issues with 8.2.110.0.

Regards,

Colby