Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need information about SNMP alarm tables of ASR901 router

Hi All ,

I am new to the ASR901 router. I am using A901-6CZ-F-A(IOS S.W VERSION: ASR901-UNIVERSALK9-M Version 15.5(1)S2) and A901-6CZ-FT-A (IOS S.W VERSION : ASR901-UNIVERSALK9-M, Version 15.5(1)S2) routers. I want to fetch different alarm information over SNMP.

From documentation it seems we can get information about all alarms from ceAlarmTable (oid .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.138.1.2.5). But it seems I am only getting information about the “Alarm Contact” alarms ( only when “Trigger” is closed alarm-contact alarms are generated) from ceAlarmTable. So I have following questions.

1> Is there any common centralized table where from I can fetch information about all types of alarms specially alarms for Gigabit or 10Gig Ethernet ports and SFP ports?? If yes then please let me know the name of the snmp table.

2> How to map different alarms with the ceAlarmList string of ceAlarmTable? From where we will know which alarm is mapped with which bit position of ceAlarmList string ?

3> What configuration is required to populate alarm table when different bad condition appear (like Link failure , Link down , excessive bitrate, loss of frame etc. ) on Gigabit Ethernet or 10Gig Ethernet ports.

4> Which snmp alarm table will be populated when different bad condition appear like power failure , fan failure , high temperature etc ?? Shall I have to configure something to populate the alarm table ??

5> Is there any way to simulate different false alarms like power failure , fan failure , high temperature etc ??

Thanks

Subrata Dasgupta

0 Replies 0